Tabs

               

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fitness and Health

I started my weight loss journey just over a week ago, Friday January 6, and I'm having a couple difficulties.

1. The voice in my head won't shut up.
I haven't seen my goal weight since I was 16, I have no idea what my body will look like at that weight. So I fear that I won't like it, as much as I love myself can I still keep this love with the new body? Although this seems like a weird fear as Duncan pointed out, I will love that body more then this one since I will have 70 lbs less fat on it. But I continue have this voice suggesting reasons for me to stop and fail. I'm battling through it and slowly I can tell the voice is getting quieter, as I am getting stronger in my faith that I will succeed.

2. Eating enough calories
Although I love to eat when I know I need to limit my intake of calories I tend to go overboard. My body is an interesting thing, as I don't always get the rumbling, hungry stomach first to say that I'm hungry. Usually it's a little lightheaded-ness, and a little hand shaking.  I can go for hours without eating before BAM it hits me that I need to eat and I need to eat now! This makes things difficult but I do find that if I eat every 2-3 hours, and always have a light snack close by that my body takes longer to go to it's usual extreme.

3. The battle of the scale
The number is not what scares me, I've come to terms and have realized that I have the power to change the number. My battle is not pulling the scale out everyday. When I get up in the morning the first thing I want to do is weigh myself, but I know that I shouldn't. I have one week weigh in's planned and wish I could stick to that. My weight fluctuates day to day, especially since I can retain water like a sponge so I know this can be detrimental to my confidence.

4. Balancing calories and exercise
I know if I exercise too much and not eat enough my body will go into starvation mode and I will not lose weight. But every time I read a weight loss story it starts with, "I started going to the gym 5-7 times a week", I can't do that. Well I could go to the gym everyday but I feel like my body needs more relax time between each work out. Well I'm starting with 30 min work outs 3-4 times a week and see how that goes.

5. Being patient
I am probably one of the most impatient people especially when it comes to something I really, really want. I know it didn't take me a day to put on this weight so I must know that it will take more then a day to take it off, but come on! I really want to see results, I don't want to wait a week to see if I'm exercising enough or eating too little. I want to know now! I want to see results now! Well life doesn't work like that, I guess I have to suck it up.

So to keep me on the right track, I've been obsessed with fitness images on Pinterest, so here are a couple to help you stay motivated.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment