Tabs

               

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Being Alone


 I had a bit of a "breakdown" Sunday, this is the second time I've uncontrollably cried, feeling oh so overwhelmed with life.

I do want to point out that I am technically not alone, I am living with my parents but as much as I do love them and am thankful for them allowing me to live here (rent free, booya!) I'm lonely.

For one I miss Duncan, it's been over a month since I moved away and only 2 weeks since I saw him last but when you're used to seeing someone everyday, always having them there then not at all it's a bit of a shock to the system. But I do need to be thankful for how awesome he has been. Duncan has definitely stepped up and things are going pretty well for us.

Secondly, I'm still having some issues with friends. The people I work with are awesome (mostly) and really super nice (mostly), but I'm still having troubles connecting with them. There is one individual who I have hung out with a couple times and I really enjoy his presence, but I feel like I'm trying to fill in all my free time with him and of course he has his own life.

So this leads me to the feeling lonely-ness. So when I stumbled across this article about being alone it really hit a few spots and made me think how I'm viewing my time and experiences.

The article is called "13 Rules for Being Alone and Being Happy About It", it's written by Tyler at Advanced Riskology. It really made me think about why I'm not okay being alone, why can't I enjoy time by myself? So I'm definitely making a point now to slow down, re look and where I am and breathe. Time by ourselves should be enjoyed right now since soon enough I'll probably be married with babies and won't have any time alone.

So with all that said I want to put more emphasis on being okay being alone because it's okay to spend time by yourself, go places by yourself and being happy by yourself.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great. Change is never comfortable and it leads to better, more fulfilling things!

    ReplyDelete