Tabs

               

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blogging Buddies

I've joined the Blogging Buddy project by Modern Buttercup! Our first task was to e-mail our new buddy and introduce ourselves. Now task two was to interview them with seven questions and post it. So here it is, let me introduce you to Kelsae from Total Trainwreck.


1. Why did you start blogging? And what does your blog mean to you?
  I wrote my first blog post when I was supposed to be doing homework (doesn't everyone?), so I guess I started blogging as a way of distracting myself from being responsible. Blogging is and always has been a way for me to express myself and blow off some steam. I'm trying to keep my blog a little more positive these days though and it's shifted from being an emotional dumping ground to a place where I can connect with other bloggers and express myself in a more mature way. *snort* I know you're laughing at the "mature" bit, but just go with it.
 
2. If you could have any super power, what would it be? 
  I think having telekinetic abilities would be sweeeeeeet! I'm not super keen on the mind-reading part (because there's a reason people don't say what they're thinking out loud), but if I could will things to move with my thoughts, that would be awesome. Not sure how I'd use it yet, but think of the possibilities - you'd never have to touch another dirty dish with your hands! 
 
3. What is your favorite dessert? And why? 
  Pie! It is such a happy dessert and there are so many varieties to choose from. Banana cream and lemon meringue are my two favorites.
 
4. What is your dream job? Are you doing it now?
  I'm a research nerd at heart getting my master's degree in social work - research emphasis (I'm taking a break from school right now, but I'll be back next year). My dream job would be working at a University or for some sort of nonprofit doing research - maybe program evaluations. Since Mike is recovering from a stroke and I'm taking care of him and our new baby, I'm nowhere near that kind of work right now. We'll see how things pan out in the future. 
 
5. What are you current favorite top 3 blogs?
  This is a tough one - I read a lot of awesome blogs! Here are my current favorites:
1. Four Eyes Rella: She's Canadian, has tattoos and takes some pretty awesome photos - what's not to love? Also, she has some seriously funny bus horror stories. God bless public transportation.
2. Wake Up, Lovely: I really like Kate's writing style and her Tattoo Tuesday feature. She seems super down to earth and positive, which I really appreciate in a blog.
3. Sillygrrl: I think her aerialist posts are so, so, SO cool, and her web design totally speaks to me. One of these days I want to be brave enough to take an aerialist class, but until then I'm living vicariously through her. 
 
6. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
  Definitely the West coast! I lived in the Seattle area until I was 13, and I'm still a rain-loving, city-dwelling girl at heart. I am intrigued by the idea of living abroad - Paris and Spain come to mind, but since my family lives in the US, I'll be sticking around here. 
 
7. Are you a cat or dog person? What is your favorite breed (of whichever species you like best)? 
  I'm a dog person, but I also love cats (I just happen to be way more allergic to them). Mike and I have had several dogs, our favorites being Boxers and Rat Terriers. There are so many cool breeds though, I don't know if I could pick a favorite. On second thought, my dog Mouse is giving me a dirty look right now, so I'll just go with Rat Terriers. They love to snuggle and watch TV and play outside - just like me!

Make sure you jump over to Total Trainwreck and say hi to Kelsae!


1 comment:

  1. This is a super interview! Kelsae is a great big slice of fabulous.

    ReplyDelete