Tabs

               

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Making Friends in the Big City

I've just recently moved to the big city, Vancouver British Columbia. This has been a dream of mine for years to move away from my small town life, but there's one thing I didn't expect. To feel so lonely.
It'll be at least a month before Duncan can join me here and although I do have a sister who's currently a 30 minute bus ride away, she has her own life and can't join me all the time.

So how do I meet people?

Roller Derby. This sport has grown into an intense love of my life but my skates are currently back on the Island until I retreave them and play the last game with my old team.
I've also signed up to volunteer at an upcoming Vancouver roller derby game but that's not for another 2 weeks...

Meeting people, and creating a friendly relationship with these people have never been a strong skill of mine.

Do you have any tips on how I can meet some awesome people?

No comments:

Post a Comment