Tabs

               

Saturday, October 6, 2012

My Birthday

 
It seems that every year around this time I get a little sad. I don't really know why, I usually love my birthday. This year it was more about thinking I should've been farther in my life then I am now. I should have a career, a husband, maybe even a baby on the way (maybe not). But then I realize I'm exactly where I need to be.
My new career is on it's way and I'm extremely happy for the changes to come. The husband thing is also slowly coming along. Dunc and I will get married when it's right for us, it doesn't matter that we should've been married or at least engaged my now. What is right for us is exactly where we are.
The baby thing...I'm totally okay with waiting on that one.

This year was actually different, I didn't have a sad moment. I had a painful one as I battled a crazy stomach ache that lasted 3 hours while driving in a car...

First present of the day. A 5 year journal from my sister.
Steak birthday "cake"? Not really but I did blow out the candle
My sister and her boyfriend came over for the thanksgiving weekend and we had an amazing meal of steak and crazy delicious cake. Plus I can't complain about the presents :)

So this year was successful....the one thing that would have made it perfect would have been Dunc, but I love him anyway :)



No comments:

Post a Comment